We deserve better than what we are getting from the Tories. But Labour needs to do better if we are to win a general election. The public does not know what Labour stands for and how we would be different from the Tories.
Labour needs a reboot and Open Labour can help provide it. I want to help Open Labour develop the policies and the campaigns that Labour needs.
Some of the areas where I want Open Labour to lead the debate include:
- building a good jobs economy with high wages, not just a higher minimum wage
- reforming the police so that the public can have trust in them
- ensuring the NHS and social care get the funding that they need
- developing a benefits system that treats people with dignity not stigma and
- creating a Green New Deal to tackle climate change
I have been working on these issues over the last year on the Open Labour National Committee and am re-standing to keep working hard with the others on the committee.
I would be grateful for your support.